- To promote the Playinc Service (also referred to as “the Service”), Vodacom (Pty) Ltd (“Vodacom”) is running a Competition (the “Competition”) where one (1) customer stands a chance of winning a cash prize of R20 000 (VAT inclusive) or one (1) Xbox One Console.
- All participants during the term of the Competition agree to be bound by the following Terms and Conditions:
- The Competition shall run from 00h01 on the 1st th of August 2019 (the “Start Date”) to 23h59 on the 28 th of November 2019 (the “End Date”) (“term of the Competition”).
- Vodacom reserves the right to extend or curtail the term of the Competition at its sole discretion.
4.1. Update to the Terms and Condition dated 29th of November 2019: The Competition will be extended for a second promotional period, the “Extension Period” running from 00h01 on the 29th of November 2019 (the “Extension Start Date”) to 23h59 on the 28 th of March 2020 (the “Extension End Date”).
4.2. Update to the Terms and Condition dated 29th of March 2020: The Competition will be extended for a second promotional period, the “Extension Period” running from 00h01 on the 29th of March 2020 (the “Extension Start Date”) to 23h59 on the 26 th of July 2020 (the “Extension End Date”).
- To subscribe for the Playinc Service, Subscribers can send an SMS with the keyword “OK” or “YES” to 27820099710. The relevant keywords will be communicated to subscribers via SMS during the promotion period.
- Subscribers will also be able to obtain more information on the Promotion by sending the following keywords to the SMS long codes for each category for free;
- 6.1. “INFO” to get more information about the service
- 6.2. “POINTS” to get to know the points in the draw
- Vodacom reserves the right to change the start date, suspend, cancel or extend the period of the Promotion at any time.
- In order to stand a chance of winning in the Competition, qualifying participants are required to:
- a) Join or be an existing Playinc subscriber using the R5 a Day subscription service during the term of the Competition:
- Either via sending the keyword “OK” or “YES” by SMS to 27820099710
- Or by subscribing via the relevant web pages displaying the competition information and prizes
- Collect at least 100 points during the term of the Competition
- Be successfully charged for the Playinc Service, at least once during the term of the Competition.
- Participants can enter multiple However, their chances of winning will remain subject to the points mechanics rules applying during the Competition period.
- There are no additional charges for participating in the Competition apart from the cost to join the Playinc Service, as explained in clauses 77 and 78 Standard data costs may apply as per the user’s Service provider and existing price plan for data usage of the Playinc Service itself.
- Vodacom shall not be liable for any costs incurred by the winners for entering the Competition or in claiming any prizes, where applicable.
- Data transfer speeds are not guaranteed and are dependent on network availability and utilization.
- The Promotion is open to residents of South Africa that are Vodacom subscribers, excluding all employees, representatives and agents of Vodacom, their respective parents and/or affiliated companies, contest suppliers, and those with whom any of the foregoing are domiciled.
- The following table summarizes the Prizes to be awarded during the Promotion Please note that the Prize Value in the table below simply stipulates the corresponding economic value of the prize which may be awarded. This prize may not necessarily be in monetary terms but goods to that monetary value (e.g. a mobile device valued at ZAR 10,000). Vodacom shall, in its own discretion, decide on what the prize should be as long as it is to the monetary value stipulated in the table below:
|Prize Period||Prize Value||Draw Date|
|From 01/08/19, to 28/11/19 incl.||Grand Prize value R20,000||05/012/2019|
|From 01/08/19, to 28/11/19 incl||1 Xbox One Console||05/12/2019|
|From 29/11/19, to 28/03/2020 incl.||Grand Prize value R20,000||08/04/2020|
|From 29/11/19, to 28/03/2020 incl.||1 Xbox One Console||08/04/2020|
|From 29/03/20, to 26/07/2020 incl.||Grand Prize value R20,000||05//08/2020|
|From 29/03/20, to 26/07/2020 incl.||1 Xbox One Console||05/04/2020|
- For a sake of clarity, each participant can earn a maximum of 100 points per day as per the Playinc Service based on a daily subscription.
- Eligible participants will be entered into every draw independent of any previous draw participation provided that they have accumulated the required points during the respective Prize Period.
Points Mechanism of the Service Competition:
- The follow points will be awarded to each participant who joined by the means described in section 75.a) :
|Subscription to the Service Free Trial||0|
|Each successful billing on Playinc Service||100|
- Points cannot be transferred from one Subscriber to another.
- The points earned by a participant of the Promotion applies every time a user is charged successfully on the Premium service.
- The number of points earned by each participant represents the number of entries that participant holds in the random draw.
- The winners will be selected by means of a random draw after the end date of each stipulated period, from all eligible entries which meet the requirements set out in these terms and Every draw will identify a winner and 10 runners up, who will be entitled to become the winners in the event the first selected will not comply with all the eligibility criteria.
- The prize is not transferable and may not be used in conjunction with any other Vodacom may refuse to give any Prize if the qualifying procedures or these Terms and Conditions have not been adhered to or if it detects any irregularities or fraudulent practices. Vodacom is entitled in its entire discretion to reject /withhold any Prize for any reason and will not be obliged to notify participants that they are rejected.
- The winner is required to provide proof of eligibility and sign a prize acceptance form (as requested by Vodacom) before a prize can be If the winner fails to provide sufficient proof within that required period, s/he is disqualified and forfeits the prize and the next runner up is contacted.
- Every winner will be contacted by Vodacom on the mobile phone number s/he has used to participate in Playinc Vodacom will attempt to contact the winner at least 3 times a day over a period of 1 week, between the hours of 9am and 8pm. Should a selected winner fail to claim the prize, such a winner will forfeit or decline acceptance of the prize. That person’s right to the prize will be deemed to have been waived and the prize will be forfeited. Vodacom reserves the right to then award the prize to the next selected entrant.
- Vodacom shall request the winners’ consent in writing their image and/or likeness being used and published in connection with the Promotion and for a period of 12 (twelve) months after they have been announced as winners. The winners may decline the use of their image and/or likeness by Vodacom.
- All risks and ownership of the prize shall pass to the winner on transfer/delivery thereof and hence all of Vodacom’s obligations in regard to the prize shall Vodacom will advise of arrangements in respect of the delivery of the prize at the time of contacting the winner.
- Notwithstanding the fact the prize vests on the recipient immediately upon the determination of the results, any prize that remains unclaimed/undeliverable after a week of transfer or no reasonable effort is made on the part of the winners to claim despite having been advised that s/he has won the prize, will be forfeited.
- Participants are not allowed to use machines that automatically send SMS messages or automate/facilitate the answer process or any other alternative of sending SMS messages, other than the mobile phone (this prohibits the use of any GSM modems attached to a computer or mobile phones attached to a computer). Vodacom reserves the right to disqualify any participants under the suspicion of breaking this obligation.
- Neither Vodacom or any other person or party associated with the Service, their associated companies, agents, contractors and sponsors and any of its personnel involved in the Promotion, shall be liable whatsoever for any loss or damage incurred or suffered (including but not limited to direct or indirect or consequential loss), death or personal injury suffered or sustained arising from either participation in the Promotion or from claiming the Prize.
- In addition, neither Vodacom nor its agents/service providers shall be responsible for any loss or misdirected qualifying purchases, including entries that were not successful due to any failure of hardware, software, or other computer or technical systems.
- Employees, directors and agents of Vodacom, their immediate families, life partners, business partners and associates and any person directly involved with the devising, producing, managing or marketing this promotion are not eligible to participate and win.
- If the user of the mobile phone (i.e. the participant in the Promotion) is not the person that is responsible for payment of the qualifying contract/existing qualifying contract, then the prize will be awarded to the person that is the account holder and responsible for payment of the qualifying contract/existing qualifying contract.
- Only participants who are using SIM cards that have been RICA registered are eligible to win the Each owner of a SIM card(s) is responsible to comply with South African law by RICA registering their SIM cards.
- All information relating to the Promotion which is published on any marketing material will form part of these terms and In the event of any conflict between such marketing material and these terms and conditions, these terms and conditions shall prevail.
- The Playinc Competition is organized in partnership with Upstream Systems (the “Vodacom appointed service provider”).
- Vodacom will share personal details of the winner, such as name and contact number, physical address, bank details (to the extent required in each case) with its appointed service provider(s) assisting with the Competition to be able to organize, manage and deliver prizes for this Competition, a Vodacom approved third party agency, who will notify the winner that he / she has won in the Competition, and you hereby agree to such disclosure as is necessary to effect prize fulfilment.
- User data collected via the Competition will not be used for any other purpose than for execution of the Competition.